Reservations & Waitlist
While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. As soon as a spot opens up in class, you will receive an email notification. Please reply to the email immediately whether you can attend or not. Your spot in class is not guaranteed until you confirm.
When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
If you are on the waitlist for an early morning class, please call the studio before class or sign up for text message notifications to be sure of whether or not you made it into the class.
Cancellations & No-shows
- If you cannot attend class, cancel your class online or call the studio at least 10 hours prior to the first class of the day or an hour before any following classes of the day to avoid being charged for a no-show/late cancel fee. **All Auto-Pay cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days prior to cancellation date.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show/late cancel results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10 for a no-show/late cancel.
- Remember: failing to cancel at least 10 hours prior to the first class of the day or an hour before any following classes of the day will count as a no-show/late cancel.
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that covers the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase trademarked Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Please do not bring glass or uncapped drinks into the exercise studios. Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Hand towels are available outside of Studio A, and bath towels are available in the shower area. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out.
- Disruptive students may be asked to leave. Please be respectful of fellow students and your instructor.
- New and continuing pregnant students must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
- No clients are admitted before they reach 15 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctors note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.